Pages

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 15- Silent Colonies, Special Number Project, & Nearpod

I can't believe we fit so much in at school in just 2 days. We started the week with a silent scavenger hunt about the 13 colonies. The kids really seemed to enjoy this and I was laughing at these boys because I said they sounded like they were making guinea pig noises when they found the answer to a question. Want to try this with your class? Check out Settling the 13 Colonies on TpT.

Untitled

Untitled

I gave my math classes a project where they were able to pick their favorite number between 10-100. They also had to share information about the number which included even/odd, factors, multiples, and several other things.

Untitled
Today the kids were able to share their project with a small group. They were able to make a poster, a song, a book, or a poem. Most of them made a poster but I had at least one of each. I like giving options to my students so they can create a project they are proud of.

Untitled

Check out Seth's poster! He made his 3D! You can't tell from this picture but all the 10s are coming off the poster.

Untitled



Untitled

Kai was creative with his! He created a riddle for his number.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Then we used the app Nearpod to solve some math word problems. The word problems were about how much things cost at the store and what someone spent when they purchased what they needed. This powerpoint was given to me by our math coach last year. I'll check with her to see if I can share it with you here.

Untitled

I love using the Nearpod add when I can get iPads to use with my class because I can control the speed of the slide show and everyone has it right in front of them. Want to see my post about Nearpod? Check out my Tech Nerd blog post about it.

Untitled

STUDENTS: We are out for Thanksgiving. What is something you are thankful for? Make sure to write a complete sentence to answer this question. Have a great Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

  1. I am thankful for thanksgiving.
    And BREAK!!!!! MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my parents and my big brother because they take care of me and they love me. from:jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am thankful for my friends and family. Also for my teachers.
    Haley

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thankful for my life,family,house,teachers,and friends.dyani

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for my family my friends and my teachers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.